Virtualab Protocols (Chang Bioscience)
1. Grow 10 ml liquid culture to stationary.
2. Sterilize 30% (v/v) glycerol by autoclave.
3. Add 0.5 ml yeast culture to 0.5 ml 30% (v/v) glycerol in 1.5 ml
cryovials or sterile eppendorf tubes.
4. Invert tubes to mix cells and glycerol, then store at -80 °C.
5. Sterile DMSO can be used instead of glycerol.
6. To revive stored cells, scraping off splinters of solid ice with a
sterile toothpick or inoculation loop and streaking onto a YPD plate.
Avoid complete thawing of the stock.