1. Individuals working with human blood samples may be required to
receive vaccinations (e.g., Hepatitis B).
2. Always wear a lab coat and gloves.
3. Take extreme caution when using sharps and needles.
4. Sharps and needles must be disposed in a puncture-resistant sharps containers.
5. Wash hands after experiment.
6. Normal blood may be carefully poured down drains connected to the sanitary sewer system.
Disinfect with 10% bleach is always prudent.
7. Disinfect equipment with 10% bleach.
8. Autoclave waste and equipment that have come into contact with blood
whenever it is feasible.