1. Normal distributions are a family of distributions
that have the same symmetric and bell-like shape.
2. It has two parameters: the standard deviation (s)
and the mean (m).
3. The normal distribution is defined by:
f( x ) = (2ps2)-1/2
e - (x - m)2 / 2 s2
4. Normal distribution is important because many variables in nature
are distributed normally.
5. The normal distribution is important because of the
Central Limit Theorem, which states that the mean in
a large number of samples is approximately normally distributed.