1. Alkaline phosphatase (AP) is frequently coupled to secondary antibodies
for imunohistochemical staining, ELISA, and calorimetric Western/Southern/Northern.
2. AP is an important histological marker.
3. A heat stable AP has been used as a reporter gene for transfection
The endogenous AP will be inactivated by incubating samples at 65 °C for
4. AP can be assayed using supernatants from transfected cells when secreted.
5. AP is also used for dephosphorylation of restriction digestion ends (see
CIP and SAP).
6. AP is commonly detected with the NBT/BCIP substrate.