Virtualab Protocols (Chang Bioscience)
1. Cast native PAGE gel as in SDS-PAGE, except SDS should be omitted in all
gel, loading and running buffer solutions.
2. Samples should not be boiled before loading.
3. Specific experiments may require special Acrylamide/Bisacrylamide ratio.
4. A pre-run may be necessary.
5. Native-gel may require lower voltage than denature gel to preserve
native protein structures.
6. See also:
PAGE/Native --- recipe calculator
Tris-glycineNative-PolyacrylamideGelloadingbuffer(2X)>Tris-glycine Native-Polyacrylamide Gel loading buffer (2X)
Tris-glycine Native-Polyacrylamide Gel running buffer (10X)
1. Cast native gel as in polyacriamide/urea gels, except
urea is omitted in the gel solution (more water is added to make up the volume).
2. Cast gels using 1X TAE or 1X TBE buffer.
3. No stacking gel is required.
4. Run gel in the same buffer.
5. Boiling of the sample is not necessary before loading.
6. DNA/RNA may be visualized by dye staining or by UV shadowing.