1. Clean slides in 3.5 M NaOH/50% ethanol for 2 hours with gentle rocking.
1a. Alternatively, clean slides in 2 M nitric acid for 0.5-2 hours with
2. Rinse slides in ddH2O for 5-15 minutes.
3. Keep the slides in ddH2O until coating.
4. Cover slides with 1:10 dilution of the Poly-L-Lysine in ddH2O.
5. Rock gently at room temperature for 10-15 minutes.
6. Rinse with ddH2O.
7. Dry by centrifugation (500 rpm) for 5 minutes.
8. Dry in speedvac (45 °C) for 5-10 minutes.
9. Store in dry, dust-free slide box.
See also Preparation of poly-L-lysine-coated slides.
3a. Rinse slides with acetone.
4a. Cover slides with 1% 3-Aminopropyl(diethoxy)methylsilane in 95% acetone
for 15 minutes.
5a. Rinse slides twice with acetone.
6a. Bake at 75 °C for 30 minutes.
7a. Cover slides with
0.5% 1,4-diphenylene-diisothiocyanate (PDC) in pyridine:anhydrous N,N-dimethylformamide (DFM) (1:9)
for 2-4 hours.
8a. Rinse twice with methanol.
9a. Rinse twice with acetone.
10a. Store in dry, dust-free slide box.
11a. After printing inactivate PDC by covering slides with
1% ammonium hydroxide/0.1% SDS/200 mM NaCl.