1. Prepare first 96-well plate containing 25 ml of
10 mM Tris-HCl pH7.5, 10 mM MgCl2, 50 mM NaCl in each well.
2. Prepare second 96-well plate containing 5 ml
20% DMSO in each well.
3. Pick clones by stabbing with a sterile 20 ml pipet tip on
4. Place the tips in the wells of the first plate for 20 minutes at room
5. Transfer 10 ml from the first plate to the second plate for each well.
6. Freeze both plates at -80 °C.
7. The second plate may be used as a source of phage.
Freeze and thaw should be avoided.
8. The first plate may be used as a source of DNA for PCR and sequencing.