1. Fill the base mold with frozen tissue matrix.
2. Place tissues in the base molds filled with frozen tissue matrix.
3. Place the base mold in 2-methylbutane pre-chilled with liquid nitrogen
until the block ALMOST solidifies (30 seconds).
4. Remove tissue block from 2-methylbutane and place blocked tissues on dry ice or store at -70 °C.
5. Attach the frozen tissue block on the cryostat chuck.
Allow tissue block to equilibrate to the cryostat temperature (-20 °C) before cutting sections.
6. Cut sections at 4-6 microns and pick up onto slide.
7. Dry at room temperature.
8. Fix in cold acetone (-20 °C) for 2 minutes.
9. Dry fixed slides at room temperature.
10. Store at -70°C.