Nocodazole arrest cells in mitotic phase. Nocodazole arrest may be combined with
with thymidine block by arresting cells after the first round of thimidine block.
1. Grow cells to sub-confluent.
2. Add nocodazole to a final concentration of 50 ng/ml.
3. Incubate for 14-18 hours.
1. Grow cells to the mid-log phase.
2. Add nocodazole to a final concentration of 15-20 mg/ml.
Nocodazole stock (15-20 mg/ml) is made with DMSO. 1% DMSO should be added to the
3. Return cells to the incubator. After 2 hours, 80% of nocodazole-treated
cells should be large budded.
4. Nocodazole is not effective in arresting S. pombe cells.