Edited by Chang Zhu
1. Thaw competent cells for electroporation on ice. Add 1 ml plasmid DNA to 40 ml
of competent cells for electroporation, mix, and transfer to a prechilled
2. Dry the outside of the cuvette, insert into cuvette holder and place
into the electroporator.
3. Eletroporate the cells at 16-19 kV/cm.
4. Transfer the cells to 1 ml LB medium (without antibiotics) and incubate
cells in 37 °C shaker
5. Plate aliquots on LB/antibiotics plates and incubate cells in 37 °C incubator
overnight. Transformation efficiency is commonly 109 transformants mg DNA, a small aliquot is usually plated.