1. Streaking is frequently used to purify a stock or to propagate
stock. Agar culture plate should be dry before streaking. Invert the plate,
and leave it in 37 °C incubator for awhile until there is no visible
water on the surface of the agar.
2. Light a small flame and keep opened plates, or media near the flame.
3. Dip the inoculation loop into 70% ethanol in a bottle. Flame the loop
and wait until the loop is cool.
4. Gently touch the loop on a single colony or a stock solution. Streak on
the agar plate.
5. Sterilize the loop again, start from where you left off and streak in a different direction.
6. Repeat step 5.
7. Put the plate in a 37 °C incubator overnight. Single colonies should
form around the streaking path.