Edited by Chang Zhu
1. Transfer 1 ml of bacteria culture to microfuge tube.
Centrifuge 1 minute at maximum speed to pellet cells. Discard supernatant.
2. Add 100 ml STET buffer containing lysozyme
(8% sucrose, 0.5% TRITON X-100, 50 mM EDTA, 10 mM TRIS-Cl pH 8.0 and 1 mg/ml
lyzozyme. Add lysozyme fresh.)
4. Place in boiling water bath for 40 seconds.
5. Put the tube immediately on ice for a few minutes.
6. Centrifuge 10 minute at maximum speed.
7. Transfer the supernatant to another tube or using a toothpick, pick pellet out and discard.
8. Add 100 ml of isopropanol to supernatant, mix.
9. Centrifuge 10 minute at maximum speed. Discard supernatant.
10. Wash pellet with 70% ethanol.
11. Air dry.
12. Resuspend DNA in 20-50 ml of TE or TE/10 mg /ml RNAse A.