Example 1 --- Today's date
1. Open a new Excel file.
2. In an empty cell, type in:
and then press the enter or return key.
3. You may see the date in the following format:
4. To display month and date only (or any other format), go to
Format/Cells, and select the Date category. Select the desired format.
Example 2 --- Date differences
1. Input two dates in two cells. For example, 3/4/2001 in the cell A1
and 5/3/2002 in the cell A2.
2. In the A3 cell, type in:
= DAYS360(A1, A2)
3. Press the enter or return key, the date differences should appear.
In this example, it is 419 days.
Example 3 --- How old are the mice?
1. Click here to open a mouse log book
you may customize.
2. Column B is the mouse's date of birth.
3. Click on C4, you should see the following formula:
which automatically calculates the mouse's age in days.
4. Copy and paste to add new rows.